TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!
TT1 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

building

+3
Dapianokid
Foxx
glow
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

building Empty building

Post by glow Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:31 pm

well today I gave in to chatman asking me to teach him. I didn't necessarily teach him as show him. I let him watch me build. he had asked how I build so fast. I did not instruct him to do anything. simply showed him how I build. I did the same for Dapianokid. I showed chatman my 5 q build and my 6 q for Dapianokid. now would anybody else like to c how I build. not saying it's the best way. jus that it's how I do it. ur choice (: only one build per person.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

building Empty Re: building

Post by Foxx Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 pm

may have to consider this :p

Foxx
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 pm

I'll do 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 q. but no more Razz
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxx Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 pm

just can't think if it would be 5q or 6q...although i like my system so

Foxx
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Foxx, it's hard to decide, best to choose based on your situation.
I normally do 5 or 4 and then build many more lol
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vodka Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:49 pm

thx for the offer glow, but i like my current builds and i would rather figure my own out (like i did) cuz then its like ur signature build not any1 else's like ik there was a famous White[Klaw] build that i had no interest in because regardless of whether it made me better or noti would rather figure my own out Very Happy
Vodka
Vodka
Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 am

3 on med, 4 on large, anything else is useless and stupid Smile - me and eagle did 10 games recently for fun, i won 8 he won 2 (the first 2 cause it was the first time me being on in 6 months Razz) and he did 5q for all of them and i did 4q and i still won, if he did 4q and remembered how i taught him to do them, he would've been much more of a challenge and probably would've beaten me overall.. throughout many tests and games, i've worked out that 5q is just a waste of time compared to 4q

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tro Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 am

4q ftw
m@tro
m@tro
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxx Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:34 pm

i would disagree deathy.

Foxx
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 pm

quarters r each independent persons choice. personally i feel I'm best if I make 6 quarters, however I can do fine wit 4 or 5. however I prefer 6 overall. each persons style is differentso the build is best for that person.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tro Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm

I seem to do well at 4. As 1 I feel 4 is a good amount of quarters to have and 2. I fail at making 5+. I'm slow at building, so anymore than 5+ would be a disaster for me. But, i'm happy with 4.
m@tro
m@tro
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vodka Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm

deathy the problem is if ur not fast enough with 4q then ur fucked, u dont have that problem and i dont tend to encounter that problem in 2v2, 3v3 and 2v2v2 but on 1v1 everyone has alot more time (its also y its a bad measure of whos better) and speed doesnt matter unless ur oppoent is truely slow, therefore i build 5 on 1v1's
Vodka
Vodka
Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:39 pm

if I can build 5 q in slightly more time than some one can build 4, y not build the 5? I c it as one extra q and more peons. even if my opponent is a second ahead of me. that second won't matter. I know y u say 4 q is allu need. u leave some peons in each q when u evacuate em. which I know is very helpful (that's how I pull off my 2 q, leave 10 peons in each at all times). that way u can still produce jus as many peons as 5 q and possibly 6q. however I still feel that one or two extra q makes a difference, at least for some people. as I've said before I find if I make 6 q I am at my best bc I've been doing 6 q for like 4 or 5 years now.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:03 am

idk, everybody has their own opinion, from my experience i find 5q just a waste of time for a few reasons. 1. is that from tests, i get 10 - 15 more warriors when doing 4q compared to 5, in 30 seconds after the armoury has been built. 2. is that finishing your armoury a few seconds earlier than the other person, means you get those extra 4 or 5 chicken before they do, and you also have about 10 - 15 iron/chicken out before they do which gives you a HUGE advantage if you're a smart player who knows how to angle attack to confuse your opponent (it's the thing where i rally to your base and my men attack from the front, sides, back, everywhere with hit and run tactics on your peons to kill off resources - from experience this works 7/10 times with 4q and 1/10 with 5q). 3. because you only have 4 quarters to get peons out of instead of 5, you have slightly more time to focus on moving your men, watching for sneaks, gathering extra resources and also lower chance of accidently stuffing up the hotkey.

buuutttt yeah, thats just speaking from experience and my opinion Smile

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:58 pm

i assume everybody uses the keyboard to get peons out, that said it only takes a few seconds to do it 4 q or otherwise. and having 6 q I can send a hefty 20 peons to iron, chicken and wood and still have plenty to get warriors wit.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Well Deathy and I seem to be the expert on building and first few second tactics.
glow, I'm a computer expert. I use my keyboard, but I have a hotkey (keyboard shortcut) assigned to a special script I wrote that takes out all my peons in about .2 seconds. I can do my armory similarly. The downside is I can't balance peons, like leaving 5 in to get more faster. Leaving 5 in is the way Deathy's 4q is so good, because it never runs quite out and has many more much faster. Very helpful.I'm writing a finishing touch on the script that leaves those 5 in, and then I can post it with instructinos on how to do it. With it, I'll be THE fastest player, period. I am pretty close as it is, as a long time player and a phenominal pianist. I never make mistakes, except when I accidentally dont time something quite right Sad

I do 4 and 5 q without the script, and I can do 2q like glow by leaving in 30 in the quarter to get them faster. 4q with 5-8 in at all times is perfect, but getting a chief can be tricky. so 5q with 5-8 and a chief q works perfectly. With the script. I do 9q, but I only build 5 to start and do the rest later. 6qing is quite nice, but it takes too much time. I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a strategist. There are some geniuses out there who can really play a battle. I am incredibly fast, though, and if I were a genius like them I would be the God of TT lol. Never rush with less than 3. seriously.

Buuuuuuuuttttt yeahhh hahaha Very Happy
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxx Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:52 pm

theres dap being full of himself as always

Foxx
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vodka Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Haha ^^
Vodka
Vodka
Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm

as usual... I'm sorry dap but I don't think u r as good as u give urself credit for. I don't think u r the fastest... u aren't faster than me. my 6 q is perfectly fine. how well I can prove against deathy I don't know, haven't been on when he is. if we r, we can test it. other than that my building is fine. and no dap.... u wouldn't b god of tt... congrats on the program, however others don't need to do it. in a matter of 5 seconds I can have peons leaving my q, new peons getting resources and warriors coming out. it's quite easy, sigh taught me (: she gave me the idea. anyways it works perfectly. and it's all I need.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tro Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm terrible at building. Nuff said. I also mostly get bad spots so don't get mad at me cuz i didnt attack since my peons had to track half the map just to end up dying cuz the opponents iron is right next to them so they get warriors. Dap. You make me laugh. For reasons you don't understand.
m@tro
m@tro
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:27 am

to be honest.. i havent done that 'leave 5 peons' bullshit in like 2 years.. i just take them all out hahahah

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am

the original reason I created fastlearner was to practice my 4 q building. I don't do it all that much, unless I'm super close to the person next to me and am gonna need to rush them
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:50 am

4q for life <3

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxx Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:37 am

lol i like the approach deathy, take all dem peons out

Foxx
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tro Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:47 am

Yeh, when eagle was training me he said to take out 10 peons and leave the like 3 left in there for them to increase quicker, I did this for awhile but, like deathy I just take 'em all out now lol.
m@tro
m@tro
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum