TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

When to build 4q and when to build 5q (LARGE)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When to build 4q and when to build 5q (LARGE)

Post by Hope on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm

well it seems to me everyone dose 4q or 5q.... some do 6q or 7q ( stupid to do any more then 5q ) but anyways i wanted to show my opinion on when to build 4q and when to builld 5q.

( 1v1 ) ( LARGE )though in 1v1 4q is okay but not the absolute best option for a 1v1.... 5q is best for 1v1.. there is no reason to build 6q or 7q.. reason being is my fingers can reach to the numbers 1-5 on the keyboard (hot keying) and building 6q or 7q means extending my reach for the number "6" and 7" and means spending more time trying to get peons then actually do what is important gathering resources. it's just stupid and theres no need for it. So my opinion 5q is best for 1v1...= 10-15 extra peons is your armory= gathering more = making men/ weapons faster= having more warriors deploy.. and having that extra 10-15 peons can mean the outcome of a 1v1. so overall 5q is BEST option on a 1v1 (large).. IF YOUR CLOSE 2 your opponent 4q IS an GOOD option.. while there building that extra 5q your gonna more then likely have your armory up right when they finish there 5q.. that = gathering resources faster = make weapons/ warriors = have warriors rite when they just finished building there armory = attack and block resources then send a rally to there armory= win 99% of the time ( if your fast enough) so my thats what i would do on a 1v1 (large)

( 2v2 ) 4q is a GOOD for 2v2 reason being.. is (everybody is close to eachother) 4q is alot faster then 5q because you spend less time building and extra q.. witch means you get your armory up faster=gathering chicken faster / having about 20-30 warriors out when they just started gathering... its a BIG advantage and you can beat your opponent ( 88% of the time ) if your (SLOW) and your opponent gets more warriors then you... your gonna have a challenge and you should prob save about 30-40 men in your armory and have about 50 peons in there... once your attack with your first wave take your 50-40 iron/chicken/rock whatever you have and get ready to attack again... before you attack UNLOAD YOUR Q's and gather more resources about (10 wood 10 iron 5-6 chicken and if your out of rock gather 3) that way you dont ever run out of stuff and you should do it every other time you unload your q's.. and tryn keep about 30-40 peons in your armory at all times... if do this your gonna overrun him and beat him.. if your teamate dies and your about to get doubled you cant do much but tryn hold out and dont let them block your resources.. help your partner build (if he has less then 10 peons) and wait for him to get his armory and deploy his warriors... then attack the opponent thats closes to you.. ( this only actually works if your an complete bad ass at tt ) but overall 4q is the best for a 2v2.

(3v3) 4q is a for sure the BEST option on 3v3 cause everyone is so close to eachother and someone usually dies within 5-8 mins... so doing 4q on a 3v3 (large) is best option.

i didint right much for the 3v3 cause i got tired of typing but its a must to do 4q.. ... if anyone disagrees with my ( OPINION ) feel free to make a reply and tell me where i messed up at or whatever ^.^ - Hopeyyy <3

Last edited by Hope on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: When to build 4q and when to build 5q (LARGE)

Post by m@tro on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I agree with this. But to dumb this down ALOT it's basically 5q for 1v1, 4q for anything else. Good though hope, I was thinking about when to do 5 or 4q at different times, I knew 5q for 1v1 is the best option.

Last edited by Veteran on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Hope is Dope? nice avatar.

Maybe advanced players should start posting in a new forum section designated "Advanced Playing" or "Tutorial"

Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Veteran wrote:I agree with this. But to dumb this down ALOT it's basically 5q for 1v1, 4q for anything else. Good though hope, I was thinking about when to do 5 or 4q at different times, I knew 5q for 1v1 is the best option.

same cause i was on yesterday (played about 10 games in total) then later got into some 2v2 with me n glow.. i was considered a rusher cause i built 4q and had my armory up when he just started working on his 5q ... i sent a rally to his armory he was just about to have up..... KILLED him within seconds... and thats when i decided to tho this. to let ppl no that 4q on a 2v2 = a huge advantage Wink
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 pm

well it depends. those good enough wit 4 q can build 4 q at all times on large. such as deathy and I'm currently trying to get to that level. anyhow 5 q does not always have an advantage... 4 q u get warriors before the opponent and can therefore attack their resource gathering peons.

Mew used Mega Punch!
Gotta Catch 'Em All!!!  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce bounce bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bouncebounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vodka on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 pm

yeah like dap u always try 6 or 7 q in team games and 1v1's. Unless ur vikings and plan on building a chief, there no reason for more than 5 unless u truely do not know how to manage ur peon count which i think u are capable of dap lol

Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by chatman on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm

This was helpful, i was building 6 q and was to slow, so i started using 4 q and managing my peons, and now i'm "getting there". Smile

afro chatman afro

chatman
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by glow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Vodka wrote:yeah like dap u always try 6 or 7 q in team games and 1v1's. Unless ur vikings and plan on building a chief, there no reason for more than 5 unless u truely do not know how to manage ur peon count which i think u are capable of dap lol

if I can 2 q like a boss then I think I can manage my peons pretty well yet I still do 6 q every once in a while. not nearly as much, seeing as getting much better at 4 q.

Mew used Mega Punch!
Gotta Catch 'Em All!!!  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce bounce bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bouncebounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Aztec on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:56 pm

5q in a 1v1, always. I suck to much for 6.
5q in a 2v2, usually I have time.
4q in a 3v3, im almost always right next to someone.

Aztec
Chicken Warrior

http://tt1forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tro on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Aztec wrote:
4q in a 3v3, im almost always right next to someone.
Hmm wondering who that is >.> Oh wait! -.-

Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

i do good with 4q in most of my games but 5q on 1v1 im very good at...
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Aztec on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Aztec wrote:5q in a 2v2, usually I have time.

I take that back, in a lot of games i only have time to 4q

Aztec
Chicken Warrior

http://tt1forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 pm

4q on large 95% of the time (5q if im bored of doing 4q)
3q on med 80% of the time (4q if i have time)

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm

4q is tha shit Wink
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Deathy wrote:4q on large 95% of the time (5q if im bored of doing 4q)
3q on med 80% of the time (4q if i have time)

agreed. however recently I've done jus the same. I used to do 6 q 20% 5 50% and 4 30% on large and 3 80% on med. 4 if I have time but I usually jus do 4. deathy next time we should get some 1v1 on med

Mew used Mega Punch!
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

i will do sooo badly with 1v1 on med cause im so as fuckk now hahaha but sure Razz

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 am

i haven't played med in like 2/half years...
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:11 am

wait.. nvm i might of i just cant remember...
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 am

glow_worm wrote:well it depends. those good enough wit 4 q can build 4 q at all times on large. such as deathy and I'm currently trying to get to that level. anyhow 5 q does not always have an advantage... 4 q u get warriors before the opponent and can therefore attack their resource gathering peons.

well its why i said if your close enough 2 the opponent on a 1v1 do 4q.. 5q for me dont work on 2v2... i die before i even build my armory
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 pm

ah. well I'm fast enough to make 5 q in 2v2 I jus prefer 4 because I've been using it a lot recently and it's faster and usually makes me more of a threat.

lame... I expected more from u deathy Razz

Mew used Mega Punch!
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm

i dont like 5q really that much even tho ive used it to beat alot of ppl... i wont use 5q in 2v2 or 3v3 just in 1v1 cause i have more time
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

slow* as fuck :p

Deathy
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Deathy wrote:slow* as fuck :p

who you talking about ;P
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Hope wrote:
Deathy wrote:slow* as fuck :p

who you talking about ;P

I think he jus saying he is mad slow haha Razz

Mew used Mega Punch!
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 am

oh i thought he said im slow lol... well i am pretty slow when it comes to building... but i get my mac today so will see Wink
Hope
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum