TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!
TT1 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest in peace TT

+7
glow
Vodka
HottSauce
Dapianokid
KABOOM
EPIC_FAIL
11 posters

Go down

Rest in peace TT Empty Rest in peace TT

Post by EPIC_FAIL Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 am

Well I guess this is it. The game has officially been unplugged for good. http://oddlabs.com/ is officially offline, as well as http://tribaltrouble.com/. The multiplayer server (saddest loss of all) is gone too. I have been in correspondence with Sune recently and he told me the sad truth about the game a little a while ago, but it still hurts to see it go. I have uploaded the install file for the game here. That's the Windows version, that's all I had. The game has now been released open-source on github, and can be downloaded here. See this post if you need help getting the members features unlocked.

This is not an attempt to once again revive the game that we loved so much, but just as a memento for times gone past. I guess owning 5 hards on medium is still fun after all, right? Cool  Anyway, I will continue to grovel to Sune about maybe finding a way to keep a small server for us ol' timers left around here (even if I had to pay for it), though I'm not very hopeful to be honest. He's let go of a game of a time gone past, and unfortunately I just don't think he's going to budge on this one. It's a shame, in my opinion I could play it for years in its current form (well, I have actually Laughing). It's like a perfect game, easy to play, but will never be mastered, which judging by an old interview is exactly what you guys wanted to achieve with the game, and we're glad you did.

On that note, I just want to say thanks to Sune and all of the guys at Oddlabs (Elias, Jacob and Mikkel I believe?). You provided my friends and I with hours of fun over the years, and I'll remember you guys for that. I really think you've made the best game I've ever played, it never fails to be as fun as the very first time I came across it back in 2007. I remember I bought a copy that same night, and by the end of the year my friends and I shared 5 between us. I also bought some Oddies back in the day of Tribal Trouble 2 (RIP as well No Edit: Wow, it looks like Gamesamba has even deleted the quiet announcement that they'd be dropping support for TT2. Sad ending for TT2...), but to be honest it never caught my interest quite as much as the original. It's somewhat grim that the original outlived its predecessor... but now I guess it's time to say my final goodbyes.

Also thanks to you guys reading this for keeping the community at least somewhat alive over these past few years. It's been dark times in the world of tribal trouble. Even though support for TT1 has been cut off for years now, we all still stayed banded together for the sake of a game we love as our own. There's been seriously declining support for this game ever since the Oddlabs forums closed down, but I would still love to discuss the game with anyone on here if they send me a private message or even posts on the forum. I hate that this happens literally JUST as I finished high school (I haven't been able to play for the past two years due to living in a boarding house with restricted internet), but I guess there's nothing I can do now. However, having said that, Sune if you're reading this right now please know that we are desperate to keep this game alive in its current form, anything could work! Please help us.

Sorry, just one last cry for help. I'll keep sending him emails though, he can't ignore me forever right? Wink 

I guess I'll just leave some memorabilia here.

Download Tribal Trouble 1 here

It's just an install, but you can still play the campaign and single player modes. I can also give you a key if you'd like, just private message me.

Some game posters:
Rest in peace TT Tribal-trouble-movie-poster-2005-1020550251

Rest in peace TT 1171788405_view_thumb

The Unofficial Tribal Trouble 1 Guide

For what it's worth, here's the guide's 'work in progress', you can see how much I still had to go. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing that.

Otherwise it's been fun knowing you guys, I'll keep this updated if anything actually comes of hosting a server for ~10 people just to keep the old time fun going. It's a shame that a game with so much potential like Tribal Trouble fade into the depths of the internet, but the day has come.

~Rest in peace to my favorite game~

Last edited by EPIC_FAIL on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 13 times in total
EPIC_FAIL
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Back to top Go down

Rest in peace TT Empty Re: Rest in peace TT

Post by KABOOM Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Ay!
Thanks for the good words!
Tribal trouble was also my favorite game! and if it could be possible it will staying my favorite game!

Rest in peace Tribal Trouble!

damn no! please stay Tribal Trouble! Crying or Very sad 
KABOOM
KABOOM
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:11 pm

why  the server dont work is it because the website dont work?

how much does it cost to make the server alive?
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EPIC_FAIL Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:16 pm

007 wrote:why  the server dont work is it because the website dont work?

how much does it cost  to make the server alive?
I'd assume that Sune was hosting the TT1 multiplayer server on the same one that hosted the websites, because both are officially gone.

I don't know what sort of money they were paying for their server, probably a lot more than anything we could afford. I'm going to do some research on some alternative servers for just us old players, it shouldn't cost too much to get a 10-20 person one going (I hope).
EPIC_FAIL
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Honestly, I believe me and my siblings were some of the last people to be proponents of the longevity of the old server. It doesn't cost much to run a server, but it still DOES cost money and there is a lot involved in doing so. Sune was incredibly nice to allow for the server to stay up as long as the game didn't cost him money to host. I wouldn't be surprised if we used up all the profits. I bet this game COST him to keep alive so long.
Never give up on the game. There are alternatives to saving the game. I bet client-sided hosting is a possibility. Maybe he could give it to somebody who would be willing to invest in the game.
I'm pretty upset. TT2 has been gone for a while.
Well written, ABOLISH! You're a true forumer.
This game gave me literally thousands of hours of fun.. I grew up with it. It was there when I was sad. It kept my mind off the fact that I was often lonely. I wasn't truly alone, though, becuase the others were always on to cream and be creamed by. I'd choose this over having a gf on valentines day ANY day. Wink
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HottSauce Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Damn tragic news yo i hope its still up & running. Not on here much if ppl wanna reach me hit email aigriffin@spartan.northampton.edu or aGriff_13 twitter

HottSauce
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vodka Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:12 am

Its a shame, i was just thinking about downloading and mayb playing a little. I got this game back in 2008 for years i played this hours on end. Weekend spend just chilling in my comfy chair playing with the boys. It sucks to see this game go, i hope sune revives it and if he does i say we all dedicate some time to playing. Altho i now have an xbox and play gta, fifa, 2k, cod etc, i still think this is the best game, nothing beats those 3v3 classics with all legends where it take an hour to complete, everyone has rebuilt at least 10 times. I think we should still stick together and take it easy peeps.
If you dont know me my notable profiles over the years: MELONDEW, M&M, BlueVelvet, Vodka, Pumpkin, Shattered, 99999 and theres a bunch more.
Its been a great 5-6 years playing this awesome game, even tho this isnt the end.
Vodka
Vodka
Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Vodka wrote:Its a shame, i was just thinking about downloading and mayb playing a little. I got this game back in 2008 for years i played this hours on end. Weekend spend just chilling in my comfy chair playing with the boys. It sucks to see this game go, i hope sune revives it and if he does i say we all dedicate some time to playing. Altho i now have an xbox and play gta, fifa, 2k, cod etc, i still think this is the best game, nothing beats those 3v3 classics with all legends where it take an hour to complete, everyone has rebuilt at least 10 times. I think we should still stick together and take it easy peeps.
If you dont know me my notable profiles over the years: MELONDEW, M&M, BlueVelvet, Vodka, Pumpkin, Shattered, 99999 and theres a bunch more.
Its been a great 5-6 years playing this awesome game, even tho this isnt the end.

u arent coming back?
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EPIC_FAIL Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm

HottSauce wrote:Damn tragic news yo i hope its still up & running. Not on here much if ppl wanna reach me hit email aigriffin@spartan.northampton.edu or aGriff_13 twitter

Vodka wrote:Its a shame, i was just thinking about downloading and mayb playing a little. I got this game back in 2008 for years i played this hours on end. Weekend spend just chilling in my comfy chair playing with the boys. It sucks to see this game go, i hope sune revives it and if he does i say we all dedicate some time to playing. Altho i now have an xbox and play gta, fifa, 2k, cod etc, i still think this is the best game, nothing beats those 3v3 classics with all legends where it take an hour to complete, everyone has rebuilt at least 10 times. I think we should still stick together and take it easy peeps.

The game is NOT DEAD!

It was just the server temporarily being down, we're all good now. Sorry, I'll make an edit to make sure that's clearer in my post.

Come back and play both of you! Very Happy 
EPIC_FAIL
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Back to top Go down

Post by HottSauce Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:33 pm

when i get laptop fixed ill play yo someone can even hit my phone up to play if they want yo 484.707.0637 shoot me a text my neighbor snipin will play too yo anyone wanna play medium u kno i still got skills n shit

HottSauce
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helium_1s2 Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:31 pm

I can upload the mac installer, if it helps.

EDIT: Mac installer, windows installer, and soon linux installer here:
https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B-AQC_cpHU_lR19WNTZsdXpRY00

Sorry about spaces, website won't let me put in links for a week...

EDIT 2: Linux is acting weird, sorry. I don't think I can get it.

Helium_1s2
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DIET_COKE Tue May 20, 2014 10:10 pm

There is revival to this beautiful game!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!
Im am truly blessed, I love yah all good to see all the Kewl guys are still 'round Wink
*cough* *cough* Glow worm
DIET_COKE
DIET_COKE
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by DIET_COKE Tue May 20, 2014 10:14 pm

I wonder if it would be a good Idea to ask Sune if he could keep the servers up if we donated to a fund, and each month we would have to reach a goal of donations, otherwise the servers would shut down... It's possible I bet just maybe to cumbersome... :/
DIET_COKE
DIET_COKE
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Wed May 21, 2014 5:02 pm

nice video you got there
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Wed May 21, 2014 6:23 pm

DIET_COKE wrote:There is revival to this beautiful game!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!
Im am truly blessed, I love yah all good to see all the Kewl guys are still 'round Wink
*cough* *cough* Glow worm

um... y the coughs? Question Shocked 
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver[Klaw] Wed May 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Hey old friends, is TT Down for good? just tried to get on and nothing. Even though someone said it was revived yesterday.
Silver[Klaw]
Silver[Klaw]
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helium_1s2 Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

I still haven't gotten it working Sad

Helium_1s2
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DIET_COKE Thu May 22, 2014 4:11 pm

um... y the coughs? Question Shocked 
hahaha Nothing... how are you, you beast Smile
I've been wondering... is the game gone forever or is it coming back?
DIET_COKE
DIET_COKE
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by DIET_COKE Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Tribal trouble is online right now !!!!!!! Anyone want to play?
DIET_COKE
DIET_COKE
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Fri May 23, 2014 2:02 am

uhhh i you're still on suuree

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helium_1s2 Fri May 23, 2014 5:10 pm