TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

giving keys to guests

View previous topic View next topic Go down

giving keys to guests

Post by vague_response on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:05 pm

hey guys, I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the TT project section (only just started lurking through the forums again), but I have an idea for an easy way to get more active players into TT. if you notice we still have a lot of guests on the game, and we never seem to play with them. remember that they too are people somewhere around the world looking for a game of tribal trouble! the mindset of member elitism has put a schism in the TT community... this has been going on since 2008 at least though. guests are stuck with their limited copy of TT with nobody who's willing to play with them, and at this point it isn't worth paying $30 for the full version.

soooo, that's where we come in. I personally have 3 copies of TT between a friend and I, and am working on sourcing more. I think I can get up to 5. I used to use the extra account space to have other names I could play on, but since I only really play on vague_response nowadays I figured I may as well put those accounts to getting more people playing than just collecting dust while I hoard old usernames.

now I know what you're thinking: why would I want to give something that I payed $30 away to someone I've never met? well here's the kicker, you don't actually have to GIVE the whole account to them. even if they know the username and password, there is no way they can know your email to reset the password, and there is no way they can know the name(s) to your other account(s), so it's essentially risk free for you. just delete those old profiles you went 48-2 on or something, nobody cares about them anymore. PLUS you can give the same account to multiple guests, and just tell them not to screw with the other profiles on there (you can have up to 5 profiles on one account remember?).

but now you're probably thinking that this won't help Oddlabs' financial troubles by essentially soft-core pirating the game... but let's be honest guys, I doubt a new copy of TT has been purchased in the last year, if that. it's just time we make the most of our last moments with this game and try and get a community thriving again.

so what do you say? if you're having trouble remembering all of your old accounts, just head on over to http://oddlabs.com/lostpass.php and enter your email there... it'll give you password reset emails and usernames to any account you've registered with that. friends who don't play anymore have usernames? cool, get Sune to directly change the key to be registered under your email address, I'm sure they won't mind Wink

so far I've given away my 2 spare accounts to 4 guests.



when you give the guests the keys however, there's one VERY IMPORTANT step! Make sure you give them the login information to your account (multiplayer username and password) BEFORE you give them the CD key. sometimes they can get too excited and go ahead and register their game without any login info and then are stuck.

what do you guys think? Smile

PS. If you can't be bothered digging through your email for a CD key to give them, just use QBFY-TENR-9BCR-CQE8 Wink


Last edited by EPIC_FAIL on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just editing some typos to make this a bit easier to understand - Fail :))

vague_response
Peon

Posts : 8
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-01-22
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by Aztec on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 pm

hey guys careful when giving out the Keys because you are giving out an address too.

Aztec
Chicken Warrior

Posts : 723
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 21

http://tt1forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by EPIC_FAIL on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Aztec wrote:hey guys careful when giving out the Keys because you are giving out an address too.

Not really though, unless they contact Sune directly and ask the key's email to be changed (which is easily reversible by just telling Sune to change it back), then there's no way they can access your account settings/password/etc. I think people on would be trustworthy enough to not go to this length to screw you over though Laughing

_________________
ABOLISH
avatar
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Posts : 135
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by glow on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:16 am

EPIC_FAIL wrote:
Aztec wrote:hey guys careful when giving out the Keys because you are giving out an address too.

Not really though, unless they contact Sune directly and ask the key's email to be changed (which is easily reversible by just telling Sune to change it back), then there's no way they can access your account settings/password/etc. I think people on would be trustworthy enough to not go to this length to screw you over though Laughing

no if they check their info it says who the account is registered to. the address at least. i dont remember everything. i forgot my original and have slows on mine so it says his moms name and their old address (they dont live there anymore).

_________________
glow_worm, WooperOnALedge

Mew used Mega Punch!
Gotta Catch 'Em All!!!  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce bounce bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bouncebounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
avatar
glow
Chicken Warrior

Posts : 855
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 22
Location : New Bark Town

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by EPIC_FAIL on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm

glow wrote:
EPIC_FAIL wrote:
Aztec wrote:hey guys careful when giving out the Keys because you are giving out an address too.

Not really though, unless they contact Sune directly and ask the key's email to be changed (which is easily reversible by just telling Sune to change it back), then there's no way they can access your account settings/password/etc. I think people on would be trustworthy enough to not go to this length to screw you over though Laughing

no if they check their info it says who the account is registered to. the address at least. i dont remember everything. i forgot my original and have slows on mine so it says his moms name and their old address (they dont live there anymore).

...how exactly do you check this? I'm genuinely curious, I've never seen/heard of anything to do with addresses in TT Question 

_________________
ABOLISH
avatar
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Posts : 135
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by Whiski on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:47 pm

EPIC_FAIL wrote:
glow wrote:
EPIC_FAIL wrote:
Aztec wrote:hey guys careful when giving out the Keys because you are giving out an address too.

Not really though, unless they contact Sune directly and ask the key's email to be changed (which is easily reversible by just telling Sune to change it back), then there's no way they can access your account settings/password/etc. I think people on would be trustworthy enough to not go to this length to screw you over though Laughing

no if they check their info it says who the account is registered to. the address at least. i dont remember everything. i forgot my original and have slows on mine so it says his moms name and their old address (they dont live there anymore).

...how exactly do you check this? I'm genuinely curious, I've never seen/heard of anything to do with addresses in TT Question 

You check it by going to the main menu, Settings then about. Under about is says your Reg key and your address. Also, if a gust goes on your account, it means you cant play at the same time...
avatar
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Posts : 109
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 20
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by D e a t h y on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Yeah when I need to find my reg code I litterally just search "Registration" in start (or open up the backfiles of TT and search in there). And there's a file that's called Registration and when opened with Notepad, it has random code + your address (for some reason mine wasn't my real address but somewhere close) and your reg code next to it.

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Posts : 199
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2014-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by EPIC_FAIL on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm

D e a t h y wrote:Yeah when I need to find my reg code I litterally just search "Registration" in start (or open up the backfiles of TT and search in there). And there's a file that's called Registration and when opened with Notepad, it has random code + your address (for some reason mine wasn't my real address but somewhere close) and your reg code next to it.

I can't seem to find mine that way Neutral 

_________________
ABOLISH
avatar
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Posts : 135
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by Whiski on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:32 pm

EPIC_FAIL wrote:
D e a t h y wrote:Yeah when I need to find my reg code I litterally just search "Registration" in start (or open up the backfiles of TT and search in there). And there's a file that's called Registration and when opened with Notepad, it has random code + your address (for some reason mine wasn't my real address but somewhere close) and your reg code next to it.

I can't seem to find mine that way Neutral 

Did my way work?
avatar
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Posts : 109
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 20
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by EPIC_FAIL on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Whiski wrote:
EPIC_FAIL wrote:
D e a t h y wrote:Yeah when I need to find my reg code I litterally just search "Registration" in start (or open up the backfiles of TT and search in there). And there's a file that's called Registration and when opened with Notepad, it has random code + your address (for some reason mine wasn't my real address but somewhere close) and your reg code next to it.

I can't seem to find mine that way Neutral 

Did my way work?

Yeah it did! Wow, I had no idea... but to be honest I don't really mind. What are they going to do, send me junk mail? Laughing

(Also it turns out my current TT reg isn't even under my name or address hahahah)

_________________
ABOLISH
avatar
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Posts : 135
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by Dapianokid on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Haha mine is under my dad's name and address. I now use one that somebody created years ago with the name and address as like "XYZ" and "12345 nowhereville" lol

_________________
This signature is unique.
avatar
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Posts : 537
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2011-05-25
Age : 19
Location : Look! Up in the trees!!

Back to top Go down

Re: giving keys to guests

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum