TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!
TT1 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm gonna Purchase TT...

+6
KABOOM
EPIC_FAIL
ryman230
Dapianokid
EAGLE
10 posters

Go down

I'm gonna Purchase TT... - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm gonna Purchase TT...

Post by Dapianokid Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 pm

I see.
Well, one of the greatest things about the internet is that it's possible to remotely host a server from anywhere in the world. We pay a service to maintain a computer's physical details while we have unlimited access to it's filesystem and resources. From what I can tell, that's a rent of a bare minimum of $20.00 USD per month.

Alternatively, (and this is what I was expecting to happen) one of us (likely to be me, as I'm still at home and Dad would pay for it until I left home in a couple of years.) could just use a machine to host the TT server.

If we hosted the server, it'd be almost identical to as it is now. It would handle 50 people to a room, 6 to a game (until I can change that Wink ), and such. I'd probably rewrite some stuff to make the chatrooms easier to read and communicate in, as well as have smoe default settings changed for better performance and such, but I'd leave it as it is in function. We wouldn't want to have a computer that caps off rather quickly (say, a computer that can't handle 2 games at once without lagging) but we also certainly don't want a computer that takes hundreds of dollars a month just in power alone.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:42 pm

That sounds pre good. In the future if the game grows to 20+ people at a time, I'll be interested in helping out with payments up to about $40 per month. But yeah this is something that we should probably move on considering TT is a ticking time bomb right now lol

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by vague_response Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:51 am

Dapianokid wrote:From what I can tell, that's a rent of a bare minimum of $20.00 USD per month.
If we hosted the server ... it would handle 50 people to a room, 6 to a game (until I can change that Wink)

wow what

vague_response
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Making a coding change that will support more than 6 players to a game and 50 people to a chat room would not at all be difficult, althuogh I'd have to modify the server to support it as well. But it'd be almost too easy to make such a big change. Wink
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggyno Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Any updates about the negotiations guys?

Boggyno
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by EPIC_FAIL Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Boggyno wrote:Any updates about the negotiations guys?
It seems as if EAGLE has not purchased the game before it has gone fully open source. You can check out all of the source code over on Sune's github.

The game is very playable in single player, but currently there are some people working on getting multiplayer bootleg versions up and running and even a brand new version of the game!
EPIC_FAIL
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Back to top Go down

Post by liquidsalvo Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 am

This is great if you could do this! Please let me on in the first 50

liquidsalvo
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EAGLE Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Tick..Tock!
EAGLE
EAGLE
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down