TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!
TT1 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organise a tournament? But do it this time?

+3
Whiski
Aztec
D e a t h y
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Organise a tournament? But do it this time? Empty Organise a tournament? But do it this time?

Post by D e a t h y Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:05 am

We have organise like 100 tournaments, but have never seemed to go through with them. And I reckon for ONCE we should just organise and commit to ONE! Smile I see it as 2 options.

Option 1: We all meet at a specific time on a specific date and settle it there and then. Whoever doesn't come, or leaves half way are disqualified until the next round, and have to find a new partner before the start of the next round.

Option 2: We have specific teams that organise their with specific round opponents, a time where they can log on and play best of 5 games or w.e and then post the results on forums.

And have 2 seperate tournaments, a 1v1 and a 2v2 (best of 5 or 7 for both).

We can make an estimated top players list to create fair teams for example:
1. Deathy
2. Glow
3. Aztec
4. Joker
5. Stoned
6. Wizard

And do 1 + 6 are teams, 2+5, 3+4, etc. (me+wizard, glow+stoned, joker+aztec)

For the rounds formula we can use aztecs one on his previous post and winning team gets some kind of reward (i dont know, brainstorm ideas lol)

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Organise a tournament? But do it this time? Empty Re: Organise a tournament? But do it this time?

Post by Aztec Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 am

"Do it this time" HAH

Edit to actually reply: I'm down with a tourny, i'm free most Sundays, but my Saturdays are gone for the next few weeks.

Aztec
Chicken Warrior

https://tt1forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Organise a tournament? But do it this time? Empty Re: Organise a tournament? But do it this time?

Post by D e a t h y Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 am

Cool, this doesn't have to be anytime soon... as long as we find a time when we're all available

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Yes a tournament! I'm so pumped for one since the last one got completely run into the ground. I am free most days but since i live in the UK, it is hard to sort a time with everyone else. So late evening most days and early morning (1 am 2 am e.t.c.) on Saturday and Sunday mornings. This should be good Very Happy
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:50 pm

im down but wat bout whiski? and foxxx and others?
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:04 pm

This will probably have to be in a couple of weeks, in the meantime we can organise teams + dates

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:13 pm

glow wrote:im down but wat bout whiski? and foxxx and others?

I just said i would glow haha Razz
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:31 pm

well ya but i mean in deathys original post he didnt put u guys in.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 am

I know that was just an example, not the actual list

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:28 am

D e a t h y wrote:I know that was just an example, not the actual list

Ohhh ok Razz
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Apparently I don't exist. Razz
I don't have to tell you guys how hard this is. If we are like-minded, we can do it, though. I remember the tourny back in the early days that almost went to the end.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:31 pm

So, are we gunna do this thing!??!?! REALLY excited for it! Very Happy
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm busy for the next 3 weeks, after then I'll start organising it further

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 am

Ok, there should be a topic to make teams and stuff. There we can see who will play and who is willing to be on teams. I personally dont mind the teams as long as they aren't like glow and deathy haha! Very Happy

Last edited by Whiski on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:55 am

Damn, I was rooting for that team Sad

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 pm

glow and Deathy doesn't work well becuase they are both very different anyway. Razz Me and Stoned is better than glow and Deathy becuase we work together well.

I want this to happen.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:28 am

I disagree with that. Glow and I, especially in the past month have played quite similar to one another.

But okay then Smile I request a 2v2 tomorrow. Glow and I vs Stoned and you, best of 7 wins

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tro Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:27 am

may i join?
m@tro
m@tro
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:32 am

m@tro wrote:may i join?
Its up to deathy but if you do you need to find yourself a partner
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:24 am

Yeah ofc you can, np

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Dapianokid wrote:glow and Deathy doesn't work well becuase they are both very different anyway. :PMe and Stoned is better than glow and Deathy becuase we work together well.

I want this to happen.

deathy and i i would bet would win without a huge problem. deathy and i do 3v2 and tend to get close to winning every time that is if we dont win. we can usually take out at least 1 or 2 of the 3.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:00 pm

You're both very skilled. A set of 7 2v2s would be fun but we aren't actually working towards organizing anything. We should start focusing on how to do THAT!
My partner would have to be either Whiski or sigh though because Stoned hasn't been on enough for me to feel safe with him Razz
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiski Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Dapianokid wrote:You're both very skilled. A set of 7 2v2s would be fun but we aren't actually working towards organizing anything. We should start focusing on how to do THAT!
My partner would have to be either Whiski or sigh though because Stoned hasn't been on enough for me to feel safe with him Razz

Sorry man, with foxxy... Sad Maybe next time though! Razz
Whiski
Whiski
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Dapianokid wrote:glow and Deathy doesn't work well becuase they are both very different anyway. :PMe and Stoned is better than glow and Deathy becuase we work together well.

I want this to happen.

i jus wanted to point out that great players know how people play and can adapt to the play styles of their partners. having played together for a while doesnt matter that much. it helps to a degree but not always. simply depends.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Exactly. Couldn't agree more

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next