TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TT1 Forum
Even if you're a guest in tribal trouble, you don't have to be one here! Register now!
TT1 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm reviving Tribal Trouble...with a twist.

+13
m@tro
DylanKane
Boggyno
KABOOM
Dapianokid
Aztec
TowelsRKindaScratchy
*sigh*
glow
EPIC_FAIL
D e a t h y
IsolationX
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm reviving Tribal Trouble...with a twist. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm reviving Tribal Trouble...with a twist.

Post by 007 Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:26 am

when the game will be released???

Last edited by 007 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

I'm reviving Tribal Trouble...with a twist. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm reviving Tribal Trouble...with a twist.

Post by 007 Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:38 am

D e a t h y wrote:Medium maps = 100 max
Large = 200
Huge (different terrains on the same huge map with Islands maybe as well?!) = 500

??
do you mean peons ?
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:41 am

Yeah

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TowelsRKindaScratchy Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:59 pm

>_>-----

TowelsRKindaScratchy
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:16 pm

007 wrote:when the game will be released???
??
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Aztec Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:06 am

This is....Amazing! I thought TT was going to be lost forever. Quadratic studios, you guys kick ass! With that said I have only one request.

Rework the hotkeys so that we can use WASD to move the camera.

Aztec
Chicken Warrior

https://tt1forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:04 am

Oh yeah, and make in game hotkeys customisable!! Very Happy

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 pm

are the graphics will be the same becuase its better that way not like tt2
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Dohmygod.
I have been a busy boy.
But never too busy for this type of thing to catch my attention.
The old game will never die, but this revival being brought about is..a dream come true for me. You have no idea how much work I put into reviving the game and rewriting it. The project never took off enough for me to work more than about 40 hours on it.

I'm crying right now.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:29 am

I missed you dap
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KABOOM Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Wow, thats so amazing!
can't believe it right now :O

if you need idea's or skins for units tell me, i love you guys for doing that!

How about something like different tactical orders for units like sneak, attack, defend and hide.
some grounds were your units are slower, faster, stronger, weaker, better covert...
tactical lineups, surround, frontal, dodge, mass, spread, hinder.

you know? if you know how to use these orders, you will become the fu**ing king of that game Razz

KABOOM
KABOOM
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 am

KABOOM wrote:Wow, thats so amazing!

How about something like different tactical orders for units like sneak, attack, defend and hide.
some grounds were your units are slower, faster, stronger, weaker, better covert...

you know? if you know how to use these orders, you will become the fu**ing king of that game Razz

that sounds too complicated for TT?
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:11 am

glow wrote:
KABOOM wrote:Wow, thats so amazing!

that sounds too complicated for TT?

I agree. The combat system as is seems perfect tbh

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KABOOM Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:45 pm

don't thing so ... it would be nothing you have to work with, you can also fight normal but if you learn to fight with commands you can win some unequal battles with timing, cleverness and skill.
KABOOM
KABOOM
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:20 pm

KABOOM wrote:don't thing so ... it would be nothing you have to work with, you can also fight normal but if you learn to fight with commands you can win some unequal battles with timing, cleverness and skill.

that already exists? its called hills and sneaks.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KABOOM Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 am

yes that already exists but you can make it even more tricky and it would not be necessary to win...
what ever, it was just a idea, i would like it.
KABOOM
KABOOM
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by D e a t h y Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:08 am

I like the idea, just don't think it's right for TT.

D e a t h y
Iron Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:43 pm

All of the ideas you guys have had are not at all too complicated.
The thing is, this won't be the TT as we have known it for many years. I'm quite willing to accept that right off the bat. Presserving the game exactly as it is would also mean keeping a very dead and unappealing userbase. A new twist on the game will mean exactly that: A different Tribal Trouble. One nobody here is obligated to accept. I, however, will fully support this project.
This game will be drastically different. Of course, the old TT will continue to exist.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KABOOM Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:54 pm

i think a new concept of tribal trouble would not be that bad, its a new game with new ideas, maybe it becomes better than tribal trouble.
KABOOM
KABOOM
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:00 pm

If we'll all agree to stop trying to compare the two on a preferences level, this game will have no trouble taking off as the successor. Of course, it's necessary to compare the two when writing a clone, but bear in mind that it will be drastically different. However, I have a feeling that the ability to add new features as a community will be possible.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EPIC_FAIL Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 am

Dapianokid wrote:Presserving the game exactly as it is would also mean keeping a very dead and unappealing userbase.

I disagree, I think TT's dead and unappealing (though I don't see why that word was used) userbase is due to the fact that it was a 'dead' game for like 4 years that was still demanding $30 for anyone who wanted to get a full copy. This obviously restricted the flow of any new incoming players over that time, and now it's only natural that we're left with a community of a handful of hardcores. While this didn't single-handedly doom the game, I believe that TT in its current form could have quite a successful run with the right marketing and release(....cough cough Steam Greenlight).
EPIC_FAIL
EPIC_FAIL
Failure
Failure

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:13 am

EPIC_FAIL wrote:I disagree, I think TT's dead and unappealing (though I don't see why that word was used) userbase is due to the fact that it was a 'dead' game for like 4 years that was still demanding $30 for anyone who wanted to get a full copy. This obviously restricted the flow of any new incoming players over that time, and now it's only natural that we're left with a community of a handful of hardcores. While this didn't single-handedly doom the game, I believe that TT in its current form could have quite a successful run with the right marketing and release(....cough cough Steam Greenlight).

nice speech and i agree with you

Last edited by 007 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by glow Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:06 pm

i can state for sure right now that i will probably not b able to get past comparing it to the old TT. We will c how it works for me.
glow
glow
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapianokid Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 pm

It's going to be a rebirth. It'll be different even at its core. I'm willing to accept that at the gain of a revival.
I agree with you now that I think about it, EPIC. Thank you for pointing out that this game could've been much bigger had people been given more easy access. The level of intrigue this game produces even playing only as a guest during the lowest portions of the multiplayer server (when there were an average of 5 members playing or fewer PER DAY) was enough to motivate someone to actually CRACK the game. It's obviously an attractive video game. Imagine what it would be like if suddenly only 20 or 30 people were on regularly.
This game could grow exponentially once it's re-released.
Dapianokid
Dapianokid
Chicken Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggyno Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 am

Hey Isolation, any update on Island Insanity?
If i can help somehow just tell me, i would love to help with anything, all i want is this game back or one that looks similar.. it was basically the game of my life

Boggyno
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next